Please meet Lula…
In May 2017 my lovely rescue dog, Bruno, discovered a young pup hiding by some nearby rental houses. She was happily wagging her tail and eager to play with him.
This little joyster is now around 1 1/2 years and looking a forever home in need of a loving companion.
Lula’s first visit to the vet disclosed that she had been through her first heat cycle, so we had her spayed at the age of 11 months. Currently she is up to date with her vaccinations and tick and worm pills.
Breed and personality
The vet suggested that she is a Beagle possibly Jack Russell mix. Her coat is white and red with gorgeous white socks and darker fur on the tail.
In general Lula is very well behaved, she is housebroken, and learns fast. Though she can develop sudden deafness when busily engaged in some serious sniffing business. Lula has learnt to sit for treats and food and is good at walking on the leash. Some training is recommended for urban environments.
Our other dogs took to Lula immediately, as she is super friendly and playful. She also happily greets humans and loves cuddles and attention. But she can also be perfectly calm and lay quietly on her pillow.
We have nick-named her “Sherlock” due to her constantly curious nature, eagerness to participate – and because she is really clever.
Lula has a high pitched bark, though she is not a big barker but she will alert you if something uninvited enters the grounds – or to tractors passing by.
Things that seem to make her nervous are heavy thunderstorms and the vacuum cleaner.
She weighs around 16kg, about 50cm tall and 60cm long.
The adoption process
Lula is a little treasure, who will bring joy to a person or family looking for a loyal, fun and happy companion. We want to do what we can to ensure this can happen, as it’s not possible for us to keep her due to our living situation.
Therefore we have committed ourselves to do the following:
* Ensure that Lula has the microchipping and papers required.
* Ensure that she has an up-to-date bill of health.
* Ensure that she has the vaccinations needed.
* To purchase a ticket to the country of her new owner (within the EU).
* To provide a travel buddy for her journey to her new home.
In return we ask for:
* A serious commitment from Lula’s new owner.
* An agreement that the ticket of Lula and her travel buddy will be refunded in case of a last minute cancellation.
* That we are alerted if the situation changes, and Lula is no longer able to stay with her new owner.
* Patience and love 🙂
Please get in touch if you are interested in adopting Lula – or would like more information.
Thank you to Aida for her feature photo of Lula!